Monday, December 10, 2007

In Bed

Many of you know of my dream to do everything from bed. There have been many times I have sincerely wished it. I keep telling Darin that we need a fridge, and one of those water cooler things that they have in offices. Then recently I told him we needed a third dishwasher--for our bathroom. It is amazing how much Darin and I eat up here. Our night stands and bathroom counters are covered with dishes. Really, I think the master bedroom suite needs to be rethought. So for a few days I have gotten my wish. I go to the bathroom (no bed pans, thank you), but otherwise I stay in bed. Tomorrow I have a huge day and am trying to rest up for it. I think the moral of the story is I need to be cautious of small staircases that entail 1-2 stairs. I need to take them as seriously as my stairs at home that go from the 2nd story to the main floor. I fell all the way down them last year three times, I am now very cautious and haven't fallen down them in a long time. Darin has put me on a physical therapy regime of writing my name in cursive in the air with my foot. I think it is helping. Aliese very thoughtfully volunteered to stay home. What a girl, willing to miss here least favorite part of life--school. So Gracie and Anna are on my bed with me and watching Wonder Pets. Possibly the cutest show since Little Bear. I love it. It is also snowing. It is beautiful. It's coming down pretty thick. Aliese opened up the blinds and told me I had to see it. I agreed, something not to be missed. I am so grateful for the beauty of nature. Well, I should really get back to school work. I am giving a speech tomorrow. I am so ready to graduate from speech. I have actually really enjoyed preparing for my speeches, because I am a nerd. I have given 3 speeches thus far. Informative--Making truffles. Argumentative--Parents should not spank. Refutation--Milk is bad for you. (that speech was done with a partner, my partner of course argued that milk is good for you.) My speech tomorrow is a persuasive, and I wanted to do it on depression, or music, something that means a lot to me, but that is just too hard. So I am doing a stupid speech that I think will be well received about college students and their stress level, and how to get rid of some of the stress. So you're probably tired of reading and I'm tired of typing. I love you all. Bye.

11 comments:

Not quite the Bradys said...

I like Wonder Pets too! All the stuff I was missing out on not having little kids around when I was growing up.... Glad I get to make up for it now- with a vengeance. I think a dishwasher in the Master Bedroom is GENIUS. I eat in my bed a lot too. Husband doesn't like it but I always have dishes up there. Good luck with your speech. That sounds like a fun class. Hope you feel better quickly!
Amy

Danielle said...

Oh Rebecca, I am loving your updates! It snowed like crazy here too. Oh it was so beautiful. It wasn't too fun slipping around campus though...I had to take itsy bitsy steps...otherwise I'd slip onto my bum. I hope you get better soon! You just need to get an elevator:) I bet you are so good at your speeches. I love that you gave a speech on milk not being good for you, that had to of been controversial. I miss speech class. I LOVED that class. I am going to be taking another one I think. I am good with speaking if I can prepare...it is the random time that I am expected to speak unprepared that makes me weak at the knees. I love you so much! Keep resting!

Not quite the Bradys said...

How sad is it that moms have to get truly hurt before we can hang out in bed and rest?

Megan and Greg said...

I love reading your blog, it is so YOU! I love it. I can just hear your voice in the blog. I can so envision you sitting up in bed, Aliese bringing you food, looking out the window, in complete serenity. It's so funny, I can't sit around for that long anymore. I get stir-crazy. But I'm glad you get to do what you want for a little while.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I loved you blog!!! I have been thinking about you as I busily get my house and yard all decorated. I wondered if you were going to school. I have worried about school. I am serious about the slipper thing. You are a good writer. I have decided you have all gotten your Fathers gift for writing. Snow would be fun here if it was normal. In the valley it would feel normal, out here it doesn't. It just feels cold if it gets cold enough to snow. Good luck on your speech, I loved my speech class, I learned a lot there. Love you!!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love your blog. I really miss you and am so glad to hear from you and what you are doing. Snow is really wonderful and I really enjoy looking at it, don't enjoy being out in for long.I am glad that you are taking care of yourself as it is hard to stay in bed with a family. It is wonderful that the girls will help especilly Aliese, she is really growing up, I love you so much. Grandma

Lizzie said...

You are a really good writer. I love reading your posts. I'm not sure about the dishwasher upstairs though. Then you'd have to carry the clean ones all the way downstairs. Maybe you could have one of those pully things from your room down to the kitchen. = ) I hope you are feeling better after all of that cursive. I haven't talked to you in a few days, maybe today??

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Rebecca- the present that mom wrapped, and brought with her- is to aliese! What a funny and worrisome sad story! I can just imagine you opening the package, the girls being so excited, and anna recieving 3 gifts! and aliese only one little gift- poor aliese- I love you!

Megan and Greg said...

Rebecca . . . where are your new posts???? I'm waiting . . . and if you are a Bella, I like your version.

Not quite the Bradys said...

Come read my latest blog post. I have news and need prayers.

Not quite the Bradys said...

Thought you would enjoy this in light of our recent conversation. : )

http://stephenhadlock.blogspot.com/2007/12/cleaver-title-goes-here.html