Saturday, December 8, 2007

I Am Bella

Unfortunately, I married a Jacob, and not an Edward. Meaning that Jacob trusted Bella, and didn't worry, and Edward was always worried and was always there to catch Bella when she fell (well almost always). For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, that is just sad and you need to read the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I sprained my ankle last night. And as usual, I had an audience. The last time I sprained my ankle it was in front of the entire ward when I was coming down the stairs from playing the organ. Darin didn't even notice and the person speaking had to mention my accident at the pulpit to get Darin to get up and help me. This time it was at Darin's work party at a restaurant. I was going down two little steps. I rolled my left foot, causing me to fall, my ankle popped many times. I have not had it x-rayed, however, I have broken 3 bones before, and it doesn't feel the same. I really think it is sprained, just like last year. This time I went into shock, again in front of Darin's work people. Horribly embarrassing. I was shaking so violently it felt and probably looked like I was going through a seizure. I felt like I was going to freeze to death, and vomit. Luckily, through the tender mercies, I did not vomit in front of everyone. They carried me out to the van on a chair. It was so exciting (yeah right). I am doing better. I stayed in bed all day. It is swollen, but not severely. I am going to stay home from church tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to go to school next week. Ugh!!! Tonight was Darin's sibling Christmas party. I wanted to stay home. He begged me to go so I went. We went to Chinese (far from my favorite), and then to play Laser Tag. Some Christmas party, huh? Very festive. I was already planning to refuse the Laser Tag thing and sitting out before the ankle thing happened. I mean really. I would never expect them to all go to the opera! So why do they expect me to be athletic. So that's the bright side of my ankle, it wasn't even a discussion. And I know it would've been. Love you all.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh rebecca! You really are bella! Always getting into accidents! You poor girl. I hope you get feeling better for this week! How stressful:( That is funny about the laser tag and there being at least ONE bright side to the event. hehe. I love you and will pray for your rushed health!

Lizzie said...

Rebecca, Rebecca. I still need to look into some sort of camp for uncoordinated people. Just teasing, I'm fall just a bit short of you. = ) I love you.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I can't believe you let him talk you into going. I hope you got to put your foot up the whole time!! I am worried about you at school. Take good care of yourself, I wore a slipper around and that way people noticed and were careful and helpful. Love you!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

My dear little granddaughter, What a shame to have it happen at this time of year. I can see it has a positive slant, but being hurt isn't worth it. I will pray for a speedy recovery for you. As your mom says wear a slipper to school and everyone will help you. Just take it easy on yourself. You come by it honestly, your mom takes after her dad{your grandpa} and he bumps into things and bangs his head it's a wonder he isn't totally without good sense he has hit his head so many times. He falls all of the time also. So does your mom, I sometimes wonder if they watch where they are going? I am always trying to get your grandpa to slow down. I think the brain sometimes just gets ahead of the feet. Take good care I love love love you grandma

Megan and Greg said...

OH MY GOSH Rebecca. I was just laughing SO HARD!!!!! We married into similar families. For Gregs, its PAINTBALL! I tried it for 10 minutes 2 months after we were married. I am so sorry about your ankle. When I started your blog I WAS FREAKING OUT because I haven't finished Eclipse! But then I realized you weren't telling the end of the book. I am just so sorry. Just rest, and read, and make everyone else do everything for you. LOVE YOU.

Not quite the Bradys said...

Come to think of it, you DO remind me of Bella! (I really like her so if you don't, don't be offended.) That is so sad you got hurt. I'm glad you got out of lasertag though. (Who KNOWS what might have happened! Ha ha.) I think you are very brave blogging about Darrin's family. I haven't had the guts to do it. It's such a can of worms it's probably best I don't open it anyway, but mostly I haven't because I am afraid they would read it. I have actually considered starting a separate blog just for a place to vent about them. Not very Christlike, I know- that's why I've never done it. Anyway, I admire the honesty about your feelings regarding the lasertag/opera issue.