Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer's Over : (

It's been forever since I've posted. School you know. Whatever. Hopefully I will stop using that as an excuse eventually. So I took 9 credits this summer, and because I'm so brilliant (or because ISU is so easy) I got straight A's.

Last week I attended Choral Academy at BYU (in Provo). Oh, where to start, where to end? I love BYU, love the choral department there, the "School of Music" caliber vs. a "Dpt. of Music". I love that all of my roommates read their scriptures every night or morning, it was just like being back at school (ha, that's funny, I am back in school, but what I meant was back at school at BYU). Inspiring, loving, respectful, intelligent people at every turn. Is that what the Celestial Kingdom is going to be like? Sorry to those of you who aren't BYU fans, hope you're not barfing now. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but of course I haven't described the fudge and candy counter yet. Oh the memories......

Back to reality. I just finished my "prep" week, or should I call it "dung out 3 different classrooms" week. Pretty overwhelming. Especially since I don't thrive on organizing and cleaning like Amy does. I have thrown away many garbage cans full, and I'm not even done. However, I'm done for now, because I have to teach starting Monday. So I did write up some lesson plans today finally. I liked that. Since music is the whole point, not being a garbage man (or woman in this case).

So when I was really into Harry Potter I really wanted to be a witch. Then when I was really into Lord of the Rings I wanted to be an elf, or an elf witch like that one in the forest who had one of the rings. Now I'm considering on changing my dreams a little and dreaming of being a vampire. The jury is still out and I haven't officially decided, but vampirism is sounding more tempting than witchcraft at the moment. I'm not sure which part is the most tempting--the strong, invincible, graceful and beautiful body, hidden talents, or just the hot and heavy sex (can you believe how racy it was?!). I'm not sure about the hunting part though.....Mmmmmmmmm. Witches seem to eat a lot better, atleast at Hogwarts.

My family. Well, I didn't think I'd ever say it, but I think we're ready for school. My kids have been fighting a lot lately and it's getting old. Anna will be in 2nd grade! Yikes. And Aliese in the 5th grade which happens to be in the middle school here. However, they keep the 5th graders very separate and they still have recess, unfortunately for Aliese. Gracie will be spending 2-4 days a week with a woman in my ward named Brittnee. I said a prayer and then looked over the roster, and there was her name shouting at me (I've done that method to recruit more choir members too). Brittnee lives around the corner from me and has two little girls. Her oldest daughter is 2 weeks difference in age from Gracie. Her name is Abby and they are good friends in nursery. Brittnee seems to be excited about it. She's very laid back and a happy sort of person. She has a brand new unfurnished house, so hopefully extra money will be motivating to her and she will stick with us. We were so blessed with my friend Joan last year, and we feel very blessed to have Brittnee this year. Because of Darin's weird schedule, he'll be home a few days during the week. That makes it a lot easier.

One cute thing Gracie said recently referring to a lipgloss, "Mommy, I promise I won't lost it. Promise Mommy." I love the amazing transformation of language in a child. It is such a miracle to me. In some ways it is an overnight learning process, in other ways it is so gradual.

My garden is typical in that some things are thriving and some things aren't. However, whenever I go out there I feel peace and calm and I don't want to leave it.

The girls successfully completed four sessions of swimming lessons this summer which is 8 weeks. Shirley says that Aliese has the same form as Michael Phelps. For those in my family that don't know who that is--shame on you. Aliese and Anna have both made tremendous strides with their swimming. Another miracle in the Leslie family.

We register for ballet next week. I'm so excited. It's a studio run by two sisters. It's artistic, they're educated, and it's real art. Unlike the pathetic so called dance Anna did last year. I'm hoping they'll like it and stick with it for atleast a few years. I love ballet. They actually dance to real music, not hip hop rap, or whatever that kind of music is.

The reunion. Fabulous. I had such a good time. It went by so fast that I have to concentrate to remember any of it. : ( But when I do concentrate, I do remember it. Especially the activities like the story telling (since my girls were the stars), the shirt painting (watching my brothers in law paint was amazing) and of course the swimming and all of the eating. It was way fun and I wish we could do it more often. Thank you Jacob and Lyndsey.

Who knows when I'll post again. It's all I can do to get up in the morning. I love you all and miss you. Bye!

7 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Oh Rebecca, I love you. The long periods of waiting for you to post are always made up the moment you post- because I love to read what you write. Sometimes I feel like I can relate to you the most out of all our sisters. I can't believe you're going to teach!!! How exciting! What a new adventure!!! I'm glad the BYU week was good. I can envision the whole thing and it's just great. I love you. I love the way you describe things. Glad your well. And don't worry about not posting a lot. I so appreciate the times that you do, so don't worry about when you don't. LOVE YOU!!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

loved, loved, loved the blog. I would rather be a witch any day! The whole having to drink blood. I love food very much. Plus I just think it would be fun to be a witch, always have!

Congrats on the grades, that is so amazing! I am so happy for you! I am also happy you got to go back to byu. You are so gifted and I am happy you got to be in the music celestial kingdom, and be with all those people like you!!!

I am so jealous of Shirley, in a good way, not coveting. I wish I could live next door to some of my grandkids. I am glad your kids get to have that!

I love you bunches, can't wait for spud harvest! I want to do some fun things. Maybe take the girls to one of the light houses. they have a new exhibit at the aquarium, it is cool and reminded me of finding Nemo.

Well, it is very late.
love you!!!!

Lizzie said...

Yay! I loved catching up with you. Even though we talk on the phone, I still learned new things. You are a crack up too. You made me laugh like 4 times. Very dry humor sometimes.

I'm pretty content to be human, but it would be fabulous to have a witch for a sister. = )

I am jealous of the days you got to spend so close to the BYU candy counter. I have many memories standing in front of that candy case, deciding what to get, just to end of getting a little of everything I wanted. = )

Good luck on Monday. You will be amazing, I know it. I love you so much!!!!

Danielle said...

Amen to all that's been said- I LOVE when you post. You are a busy woman though, don't feel guilty. You are so funny. I'm so glad that the BYU thing was good. Sounds wonderful, and of course, I wasn't barfing at all when you said it! You are so funny about wanting to become a vampire- I don't know if you read my post about Breaking dawn- but that is what I wrote too, but still a little hesitant. The book really does just make vampirism sound AWESOME, but then again...sounds a little horrible at the same time. I love to sleep, and rest, and I love to eat- treats especially- and I LOVE to bake! Ah! Maybe a witch would be better....and if we were witch's, we could go to HOGWARTS, which...well, would be absolutely lovely. Hmmm...anyway, I guess we'll just have to settle with our human bodies:) Gracie is so cute. I love the quote you shared with us. She is so funny about chapstick and lipgloss. So funny. So cute. I was thinking yesterday that I missed you guys and wanted to get together soon- I didn't realize you were starting to teach so soon! AH! Maybe a Sunday afternoon we can come down or something? I know I just invited myself over, but my place just wouldn't be as comfortable...trust me. I think you are such a good Mom. I think that every time I'm around you, and whenever I read your blog! Your kids are always in classes, but not TONS- you know the kind that just push and push- you're not like that. And I just love the way you handle all the funny situations...well, funny to me, probably annoying to you. Anyway- I love you so much and miss you! Good luck next week!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Rebecca, Loved the post and enjoyed the funny thing Gracie said. She sounds so fun, and reminds me of other little girls I used to know. Good luck with the teaching on Mon. I am so glad you got to go back to byu for a week and have such a wonderful time with all of the real people for awhile. I know I would never be a vampire, I love FOOD and COOKING too much, however being a witch sounds pretty exciting to me. Just think all I'd have to do to get something done, especially cleaning is twich my nose. I could really go for that. I spent the last week cleaning house, ugh!! I hate it. As for posting, not to worry as it is so wonderful when you get to it and I think we should all be happy and grateful that we get to blog, as when I was younger, blogging was unheard of. So to me it is one of the greatest blessings. I love you so much, kiss the girls for me. Grandma

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Rebecca, Loved the post and enjoyed the funny thing Gracie said. She sounds so fun, and reminds me of other little girls I used to know. Good luck with the teaching on Mon. I am so glad you got to go back to byu for a week and have such a wonderful time with all of the real people for awhile. I know I would never be a vampire, I love FOOD and COOKING too much, however being a witch sounds pretty exciting to me. Just think all I'd have to do to get something done, especially cleaning is twich my nose. I could really go for that. I spent the last week cleaning house, ugh!! I hate it. As for posting, not to worry as it is so wonderful when you get to it and I think we should all be happy and grateful that we get to blog, as when I was younger, blogging was unheard of. So to me it is one of the greatest blessings. I love you so much, kiss the girls for me. Grandma

Not quite the Bradys said...

I can't believe you came down here to Provo and didn't call me. Unacceptable. Next time consider yourself to have lunch or dinner plans at least one night you're here.