Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Disneyland!

I recently returned (on Saturday, but this is the first chance I've had to blog) from 5 wonderful and fabulous days in Disneyland. We went to Lizzie's first to spend Easter Sunday and then on to Disney. I am going to skip the itinerary and go to the highlights.

Starting with the truly most magical--
1) Monday night staying at the park with Anna alone for the fireworks where they repeat, "Dreams come true" like a mantra, and then walking down Main Street and her saying in a dreamy, hopeful, half afraid to ask way, "Mama, do dreams really come true?"

2) On our last day (having already gotten autographs and pictures with Cinderella, Jasmine, Snow White, Belle, and Ariel) running into Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) unexpectedly, getting pictures and autographs and Aliese holding her autograph book close to her heart, letting out a big sigh and saying with a twinkle in her eye, "I'm so relieved. I was so worried we wouldn't get to see her."

3) And last, but surely not the least, watching Ariel sing Part of Your World on top of her gorgeous float, and then look down at my Gracie, who had dirty stringy hair in her eyes, chocolate ice cream all over her face and shirt, and a snot nose to boot, but nevertheless, waving and smiling with all the excitement of being 20 feet from Ariel, look down at Gracie and say with all the sweetness, sincerity and grace of a perfect princess, in front of hundreds of people, into her microphone, "Oh, your so cute!" Gracie knew Ariel was talking to her. It was possibly the most magical experience of my life and I almost cried. Truly the happiest place on earth.

The most exciting experiences with rides--
1) Ridemax, ridemax, ridemax. Saved our hinies during one of the busiest weeks at Disneyland. Just google it if you don't know what it is.

2) Getting up at the crack of dawn to beat the crowds and then truly beating the crowds.

3) Doing fantasyland everyday in under an hour because we were there so early.

4) Gracie going on Dumbo 8 times and loving it more each time.


5) Going on the Go Go Coaster 3 times in a row in Toon Town, because it was the most thrilling ride my girls had ever gone on.

6) Riding Finding Nemo, first thing in the morning with almost no line, because Lizzie ran all the way there from the gate, in her flip flops, pushing a stroller, that we found out had locked wheels the whole time. Simply amazing. The ride normally has 2-3 hour wait. We felt like royalty the rest of the week. "Oh, yea, we rode Nemo, with almost no line. Yea it was amazing. You have to go really early in the morning. It's the only way." We thought we were cool.

7) The girls finally braving Splash Mountain on the last day. They loved it of course, dughhhhhhh, wish we could have talked them into it sooner.

Food Highlights--
1) The Blue Bayou in Pirates. So delicious, so much atmosphere.

2) The chocolate muffins at the bakery-perfect.

3) Fresh sourdough rolls at the nice restaurants.

4) Pooh Corner, unfortunately discovered our last day. Best treats in the park. Best cookies, fudge galore. Yum. I'm hungry.

Character Highlights--
1) Princess Luncheon in Ariel's Grotto. We met Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, Belle, and Jasmine. Gracie talked about "my Snow White" all through lunch. They were all so beautiful, gracious and kind. We got autographs and pictures with all of them.

2) Minney and Mickey. Truly the stars of Disneyland. Fabulous, adorable. We all fell in love with them. Gracie didn't even know who they were, but after she met them, and got hugs from Minnie, it was "where's my Mickey, where's my Minnie?" the rest of the week.

Entertainment--
1) Wow. In a word--perfect. The fireworks, both parades, Fantasimic, and Alladin. We did them all and I couldn't tell you which one was my fav. They were all exquisite.

Other special highlights--
1) Mom being with us.

2) Mom taking her camera and using it almost every 5 minutes!

3) Everyone being so nice. The employees at Disneyland, the other families at the park, the people we met in line and on the bus. Truly, everyone there was so nice.

4) The wishing well by the castle that sang "I'm Wishing" from Snow White.

5) The castle at night when it turned pink.

6) Drinking in the fragrance of the flowers at California Disney.

7) Beautiful music everywhere, and I mean everywhere!

8) Main Street at night.

9) The candy shop and their almond roca.

10) And finally, Anna saying wistfully as we were leaving the park for the last time on Friday, "I don't want to leave this place."

Love you all. Mom or I will post pics later. I don't have them yet.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Lovely! I loved all of that. I knew a lot of it already but I still love hearing about it! I'm so happy you all had so much fun. I love you so much! Thanks again sooooo much for my birthday dinner and cheese cake. You are truly wonderful.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Aren't children the most wonderful human beings on this earth. I am glad that you all had such a fun and happy time in the magical place Disneyland. I am glad the girls were able to be there while they are still young enough to enjoy the magic. What a wonder and a blessing to be able to enjoy it through their eyes. Love grandma

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh- it sounds so wonderful! and magical! I am so jealous!!!!!! I wish I could have been with you guys. I couldn't imagine going with the girls and getting to see their reaction to everything. I love what anna asked about dreams coming true- priceless. And Aliese being releived about the autograph, that is so sweet! Uhhhhhh it must kill you that Darin didn't see it. I love how Ariel saw Gracie out of everyone!!!!! And talked to her! She will never forget that! I bet that made her feel sooooo special forever! Did the girls notice? I almost teared up through the whole blog- it sounds so magical. I can't wait to see the pictures- I hope mom posts ALL of them. I love you! And I can't call you back until April 13th- we're out of minutes- or after 9 pm, but assume thats too late for you guys, and then we have the weekends for free. So- I hope you're available to talk this weekend! I love you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Couldn't have said it better myself! I'm grateful you did that so soon. Otherwise it would have been lost!!! Love you! will get the pics at walmart by tomorrow.

Lizzie said...

This was possibly my most favorite post anyone has ever written. I loved every part of it, especially the parts with conversations you had with your kids. It was so fun to be with you guys. Thanks for letting us crash with you for 2 days/nights. I love you. I am sooo proud of you for posting so soon after. Your girls will love to read it someday.

Not quite the Bradys said...

"Do dreams REALLY come true?"- Loved that. Thank you for sharing it. : ) SO. CUTE.