Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hello

It's been a while. I have been busy with school of course--boring. I am presently learning the clarinet, I aced my flute exam, and am still beating away on the snare drum. I am doing some teaching in the elementary school here in Firth, for my elementary music methods class. I taught for an hour each day last week, and I will do the same this week. Last week I taught them songs to sing, and this week I am supposed to teach them movement--some sort of dancing. My lessons plans are obviously not written yet. I can't tell you however, how much fun I had teaching last week. It was so fun. I can't believe how many kids can't sing!!! So many. I am so grateful I can sing. And when I say they can't sing, I mean sing on pitch, or anywhere close. However, they got better as the lesson progressed. Singing is like anything else, a skill, and nothing more. Yes, some people have more aptitude, but 90% of people are the same. It just depends on what you are subjected to. Sing to your kids. Sing all of the time. It's fun, it's easy, and it's important. And put on music to dance to, and turn it up loud enough to hear! I love that mom listened to music loud. That's the only way as far as I'm concerned, otherwise it's just white noise in the back ground. Speaking of listening to music loud and dancing to it, Gracie is obsessed lately. She dresses up in her princess dresses, and dances and dances. She always requests that the music is louder. "Louda Mama, Louda." She is such a pleasure to have around. Listening to Nora Jones at the moment. Love her. The most recent CD I listen to all the time, minimum of two times a day--Lionel Richie. I hope I haven't already blogged about that. Got it for Christmas and I just love it. At the moment Nora is doing a duet with Dolly Parton. I think I need one of hers too. Darin's kicking me off. Love you all.

6 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Rebecca, My kids grew up on music and dancing, as you know LOUDER!!! They all love music so it is a great thing. Good for Gracie. Thanks for blogging love you grandma

Danielle said...

I love you. And I MISS you so much! We need to get together sometime soon. I am totally going to do what you said about music and singing. I want my children to love to dance and sing:) Gracie is so precious! I miss her, and Anna and Aliese! I miss you all! I love that Gracie loves to sing and dance and listen to loud music. I'll talk to you later. I love you!

Megan and Greg said...

It's so good to have a post from you! I've missed you! I love you. Glad teaching is so much fun! That is what you'll be doing! I loved watching Gracie dance here! I can imagine her there. Love you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Yea!! thanks for blogging. It is always interesting to me how even though I talk to you guys on the phone I learn new things on the blog. Excited to come and go to disney land!!!!!!!! love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

fainlly blogging again- I thought you had given up. i'm so glad you love teaching! that's funny you are going to teach a little of dance- can you make it up your self? any style? that's funny. Wait- so did you work with your kids classes? how was that? Gracie is so cute- I love her and mis her! lov eoyu!

Not quite the Bradys said...

YAY!!! It's about time. Sounds like you will love teaching. I have to tell you, ever since our Sophomore year, I can't think of Dolly Parton without hearing Mr. Brown telling us (very grumpily) that his wife was dragging him to a Dolly Parton concert and that he hates her. Can't stand her. She sounds like a bleeding (I wonder if he meant bleating?) sheep. Funny.