Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Hi everyone. I am learning to blog again. Will it work this time?! Mom and Dad, and Clay and Danielle are hear. Tara (my sister in law) will be coming soon. I haven't had school all week and it has been wonderful. I am so ready to be done. Finish your schooling before you have babies! Of course I thought that I did. Oh well. I thought I would be done with the school part in May. But it is ending up that I will have to go to school this summer as well. Then student teaching in Fall of 08. That is what I am excited about. My adviser wants me to go to the superintendent with a resume and just apply for a job. So Darin and I have been working on my resume. I can't believe I even have a resume. It doesn't look half bad.

The menu for today.
Turkey with fresh Parsley, Rosemary, Sage and Thyme
Stuffing with Artisan Bread and Fresh Herbs
Mashed Potatoes (with lots of butter and half and half)
Struessel Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (Yams, but I prefer the word sweet potato)
Green Beans with Garlic and Sauteed Almonds
Crescent Rolls (Shirley's to die for recipe)
Relish Tray (Tara's bringing it)
Sparking Apple Cider

Desserts:
Chocolate Cream Pie
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Apple Pie
Carmel Apples
Chocolate Cream Cheese Dessert

Breakfast:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

I miss you all so much and am so grateful for you all. I love my sisters, my brother, and grandparents so much and wish you were here. I hope you all have a fun day. Hope your turkey's turn out.

Mom, Danielle, and I all got matching pajamas.

3 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

I LOVE IT!!! And I love you! I hope you keep blogging! It is so much easier to keep in touch! You should teach Aliese to, then maybe she could too! Love the pajamas! Did someone buy or make them? Your Thanksgiving sounds soooooooooooo yummy. Very gourmet! All the herbs! Mmmmmmmm! Jealous! Jealous! I miss you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Rebecca what a wonderful blog!!! I love it that you got the courage and I love the pictures of the girls. It is wonderful that you have such a neat babysitter. I really miss having all of the family so much when we're not all together. Of course we're all such great cooks and our husbands are soooo fortunate to have us not only are we beautiful, we are accomplished. What a great dinner, wish I would have been there. We had a good one but not so gourmet. I loved Enchanted also. We all saw it also. Take good care and keep on writing on the blog. I can't post pictures yet, but I will. Alan's children are all so grown up now. Wendy will be 16 in April. Love you all and miss you Gramma

Not quite the Bradys said...

Bec- Yayyyy! You blogged! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was an adventure. Since I still can't chop, open cans, skin a turkey, etc., Husband had to cook. Dinner was ready at 8:00pm and there were no vegetables but he tried hard. When he called us to the table I made him throw a salad together. I have a blog too. There are no pictures and it doesn't have our real names on it because at Husband's academy for his current job, they were told that their families would be targeted, especially through the internet. He didn't want me to have a myspace page or blog or anything but we compromised with no details. Hope you blog again soon. Love, Amy L.